Before your trip
- Contact us to learn details about the provided Medical Services, the Facilities and possibilities of your extended stay, in case you wish to visit Greece after the treatment.
- Before your arrival, you should communicate with us to get all the information you need about the documentation you have to bring with you, the transportation and hosting arrangements, the financial information (advance estimates for fees, deposits and payments etc), billing & insurance. Our staff will take care of your appointment scheduling.
- Give us information and instructions about special demands (if any), such as nutrition preferences, allergies t.c.
During your stay
REA Hospital collaborates with Athens Marriott Hotel offering preferential prices** to our patients!
**To take advantage of the special prices do not forget to mention REA Hospital on booking!
- Your feedback is valuable for us!
We understand and satisfy to the utmost the needs of our patients and are committed to ensuring a unique experience of care and hospitality. To assess your satisfaction and help us to improve our service, you can complete a relative questionnaire provided by the International Patients Department.
YOUR UNIQUE EXPERIENCE
Welcome to Greece
Greece is the land that combines in a magical way the Mediterranean colors, the Balkan rhythm and the scents of the East. Internationally known as the birthplace of Democracy, the Western spiritual heritage and the Olympic Games, Greece is a member of the European Union.
Facts about Greece:
- Greece belongs to the rank of top tourism destinations in the world
- The Capital of Greece is Athens
- The official language is greek
- Most of the year the weather is good, most of the days are sunny
- The Climate is Mediterranean
- The currency in Greece is Euro (€)
- 393 Greek Beaches and 9 marinas awarded the Blue Flag for 2013
- 17UNESCO World Heritage Sites are located in Greece, ranking it 7th in Europe and 13th in the world
- Greece is an all seasons destination, provided ski and mountain resorts, traditional villages, a wide range of cultural events and festivals, tourism destinations for all tastes (religious destinations, sport activities as golf and trekking, summer vacations etc)
You may visit the official page of the Greek National Tourism Organization: http://www.visitgreece.gr/
- Kolonaki, Voucourestiou Street and all around
- Syntagma, Ermou Street
- Glyfada, Angelou Metaxa Street
- The Mall of Athens (at Maroussi)
- Golden Hall (at Maroussi )
- Metro Mall (at Aghios Dimitrios)
- Astir Beach at Vouliagmeni
- Grand Beach at Lagonissi
- Krabo Beach at Kavouri
- Varkiza Resort (Yabanaki) at Varkiza
- Asteras Glyfadas Complex at Glyfada
Safety Guidelines and more
- In Greece most days in the year are warm and sunny! From April to July sunscreen is recommended, especially to people with light skin
- If you are travelling in winter, even when the sun shines, you should wear warm clothes
- During your stay, you should follow strictly your physician’s instructions
- Before the trip, be sure that your medication (if any) is allowed in the country so that you may not face any trouble at the airport
- Generally, Athens is a safe city for visitors. For precautionary reasons, pay close attention to your personal belongings in the public transport and avoid underground pedestrian passages.
- As foreign, make sure you have passport or ID card (or your visa if it is necessary for your entrance in the country) always with you, so you can prove your identity if needed (if stopped by police, boarding a plane, etc.).Driving licenses, post, bank or tax cards are not accepted as valid travel documents or proof of identity
- In case you rent a car remember to drive on the right side of the road
- Check the exchange/currency here http://www.ecb.int/stats/exchange/eurofxref/html/index.en.html